Hey buddy, where you from?

Place to share knowledge of powered promotional cars of the '50s '60s and '70s.

Hey buddy, where you from?

Postby leeexline » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:23 pm

I just took a look at the members list and I am glad to see it is growing. I also see that there are three members from Ohio! And I have seen members inviting other forum members over after they find out that they are in the area. There are still a lot of people that do not have there location listed so I am going to ask again that people fill in the profile section.

Just go to the User control panel link at the top left then select the profile tab and fill in the location section.

Thanks
Lee

And yes if you are coming through central Iowa be sure and stop in.
Welcome to my website forums. please feel free to share your knowledge, stories and images about junior cars with others with like interests.
leeexline
Site Admin

Re: Hey buddy, where you from?

Postby 67rag396 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Done in Calgary
67rag396

Postby leeexline » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:34 pm

We are picking up a number of new members.
I again would like to ask everyone to complete their profiles

Thanks
Lee
Welcome to my website forums. please feel free to share your knowledge, stories and images about junior cars with others with like interests.
leeexline
Site Admin

Postby peter » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:15 am

leeexline wrote:We are picking up a number of new members.
I again would like to ask everyone to complete their profiles

Thanks
Lee

Hi Lee, i saw your video's about the factory molds. What a great find! And i love it that there's someone who takes care of these old
junior cars, because these old cars are timeless, and i'm sure that even your copies will be wanted, because the original ones wil only get even more rare to find in the future.
I was looking for a video of how a mold for a 1/2 scale car is made, and so i ran into your video's. I also found a brazilian guy who shows
how to make a copy, and it looks pretty easy. They only thing i cant find is a video of making a mold from a existing body, and then what to use to seperate the
multiple parts were the mold is bolted together.
I was thinking of transparant plastic A4 sheets, like you see on some covers of a book or map. Then cut them out by follow the lines from the body were the mold should get bolted together. then tape it on one side to the body, and then add polyester on the other side of the sheet. Wait until that hardens, then remove the tape on the other side and add polyester on that side. then the mold is finished, and then i can trow away the plastic sheets, because they are only to make the mold.
peter

Postby leeexline » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Peter, to answer some of your questions.

My bodies are made by a guy with many years experience in fiberglass and it is an art-form! Even he finds it a challenge because they are so detailed. The guys that made the original molds that worked for Ford styling were very talented indeed. I would not even attempt to make a mold myself and I make all of the molds for the plastic parts.
My fiberglass guy makes it look easy but it is not. There are lots of videos on Youtube that cover how to make fiberglass molds but they are nowhere near as intricate in detail.
leeexline
Site Admin

Postby peter » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:12 am

leeexline wrote:Peter, to answer some of your questions.

My bodies are made by a guy with many years experience in fiberglass and it is an art-form! Even he finds it a challenge because they are so detailed. The guys that made the original molds that worked for Ford styling were very talented indeed. I would not even attempt to make a mold myself and I make all of the molds for the plastic parts.
My fiberglass guy makes it look easy but it is not. There are lots of videos on Youtube that cover how to make fiberglass molds but they are nowhere near as intricate in detail.

Hi Lee, i worked alot with fiberglass in the 80's to fix up old rusty cars and trucks, so it's not new for me. To get a nice detailed mold, it depends on what you want to copy.
If the object is poorly detailed then you get a poor detailed copy, and if a object has great details, then the copy wil be very detailed too, because the first layer is gel coat,
so that wil always follow the exact contours. Then add the fiberglas to the gel coat, and make sure it's getting thick enough in al places and leave no air between
the layers of fiberglass.
peter

Postby Ken » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Profile complete from Michigan!
Ken

Return to General Forums for JRCentral.com