quaker state top fuel go kart

Place to share knowledge of powered promotional cars of the '50s '60s and '70s.

quaker state top fuel go kart

Postby lunardude » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 pm

hello everyone, i'm new to the forum & have a 1982 quaker state top fuel go kart. it is made by f.w.& assoc. would like to talk to anyone that has owned one or has ever seen one. to see pics.email me at dwaynegerhard@yahoo.com. thanks!
lunardude

Re: quaker state top fuel go kart

Postby Klay » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 pm

It's funny you brought this up cause I have seen one and was thinking about it just a few days ago. I guess it has been 25 years or so ago since I've seen one. I know I was pretty young at the time. I have grown up around drag racing my whole life and one of the oil change places around Birmingham, AL had one sitting out in front of their business. I would make my parents stop every time we went buy so I could look at it. I wanted the thing so bad when I was a kid. I'd love to see pictures of yours cause it's been a while.
Klay

Postby lunardude » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:37 pm

thanks for the reply, i bought it june 08 on ebay from a gentleman in portland, oregon who found it at a garage sale. it was used once in a parade then put into storage till it went up for sale in 08. it is a real head-turner! email if you want pics. or more info! thanks!
lunardude

Postby Klay » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Here's the picture you sent me so everyone can see what you're talking about...

Klay

Postby srg121 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:32 pm

hi awesome lookin cart! i have same one with valvoline theme...only ones ive ever seen. wondering how many were made\value Image
Attachments
P1100354.jpg
srg121

Postby edward.strauser » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:30 pm

This one is from an Ohio speedway promotional in 1967 if i'm not mistaken. I'm still trying to figure out the exact place of origin speedway in ohio, or the manufacturer. Any ideas? Image
edward.strauser

Return to General Forums for JRCentral.com