Thunderbird JR being used in Pee Wee Hermans new movie

Place to share knowledge of powered promotional cars of the '50s '60s and '70s.

Thunderbird JR being used in Pee Wee Hermans new movie

Postby leeexline » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:56 am

Made from reproduction parts and modern electric drive train, Pee Wee Herman will be driving a Thunderbird JR in his new movie Pee Wee's Big Holiday.
I shipped the parts to Aaron K who put them together in record time to meet the shooting schedule.
Now a whole lot of new people have been introduced to Thunderbird JR cars with 25K likes and 3K shares on Facebook overnight. As usual it is being called a pedal car and people are asking where his legs are? Mini tbird etc. and of course with a slew of people guessing the wrong year but that's OK
The studio did not want the information released so we have been keeping it under wraps until they posted it on PeeWees blog and Facebook page.
peewee2.jpg
Welcome to my website forums. please feel free to share your knowledge, stories and images about junior cars with others with like interests.
leeexline
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird JR being used in Pee Wee Hermans new movie

Postby rodster » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Very cool! We now have a spokesman for the Jrs! :D
rodster

Re: Thunderbird JR being used in Pee Wee Hermans new movie

Postby leeexline » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:14 am

The release date for the movie has been set for March 2016. Pee Wee is using photos of himself in the car to promote the movie already and that is creating a buzz online but not many can make the connection to find out more about Thunderbird JR cars since it is not referred to as a JR. Love him or hate him Pee Wee is an internationally known figure that will give great exposure to the JR car hobby.
And to think this all started when I posted a photo of a JR car on Pee Wee Herman's facebook page and told him he would look great in one of these.
Attachments
peewee.jpg
Welcome to my website forums. please feel free to share your knowledge, stories and images about junior cars with others with like interests.
leeexline
Site Admin

Return to General Forums for JRCentral.com