Tires for Mustang JR.

Place to share knowledge of powered promotional cars of the '50s '60s and '70s.

Tires for Mustang JR.

Postby bartmcneill » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:56 pm

I called the number on the jrcentral website that was listed for buying tires. Tires were $18 each and $15 to ship four. The guy said he only had four in stock and that they were discontinued. Well I decided to go the my local Tractor Supply store and they had the same tire with the saw tooth pattern for $10 each and a $10 tire tax for the four tires. They look much like the original tires with exception of the Indian head on them. :lol: I was a happy camper until I started taking the old tires off the steel wheels. After nearly 50 years they don't want to come off. Had to put each into a vice and work with a pry bar to finally pop the old tires off. New tires are going on OK. Cleaned and painted the wheels. 2010 Chrysler minivan silver seems to match the original color well. See my little 67 Mustang barn find at www.picturetrail.com/bartmcneill
bartmcneill

Re: Tires for Mustang JR.

Postby bartmcneill » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Got my new drive belts and a new inner tube today. Won't be long before I wire it back up. Anyone have a good wiring diagram for the electric 67 Conval adult model?
bartmcneill

Re: Tires for Mustang JR.

Postby crazyDon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:13 pm

I found the sawtooth tires on various web sites in various sizes. The ones I settled on are carried by gokartusa.com . They are listed as gokart/minibike tire 5" Sawtooth part# 7037 . They are virtually identical to originals. However they were 23.95 each. Plenty in stock and most important is they have the same inflated dia. as the originals. No indian head though.
crazyDon

Return to General Forums for JRCentral.com